Thursday, February 11, 2010

Windows Effects (Stupid App)

Hello again.

Since my previous project is not going anywhere right now. I worked on this yet another (useless) fun app. I call it Windows Effects!!!

It is a simple application. What it does is that when a window from your desktop gets minimized or destroyed, it shows a fireball kinda effect. That's it.

This was to learn how to capture windows shell events in .NET. I could not find a way to do it in the .NET anyways so, I am using a DLL written in C++ for this purpose. I found this DLL on the web.

The effect works most of the time but still it's flaky. Sometimes it doesn't capture the events properly.

Anyways, here it the link for you to try. It's an installer. You should be albe uninstall the application after trying it out without any problem.

Ohh btw, you will need .NET 3.5 SP1 framework for it work.

No comments: