Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How to not let Google Buzz clutter your GMail (Tip)

Alright people, Have you started using the Google Buzz? Loving it? Hating it? Well, I started using it since last night and it looks alright. Not sure if I will stick to it and abandon the Facebook altogether. Anyways, one annoying thing I noticed is that Buzz send me the notification if someone comment on my buzz or so. It clutters my GMail and in my attempt to clean it, I tried to delete the notification email. But that deletes the original buzz too. :( So, I created a filter to archive all the Buzz notification and apply a label to it. Follow these steps:
  • Create a label called "Buzzz". You can't use "Buzz" because it is a reserved word.
  • Go to Setting in the upper left corner of your gmail
  • Click on Filters
  • Click on Create a new filter link in the bottom
  • In the Create a Filter windows, Type in "Buzz:" in the subject field (Image 1 below)
  • Click Next Step
  • In the next window, check the check boxes 1. Skip the inbox checkbox and 2. Apply the label (Image 2 below)
  • Pick the Buzzz label you previously created (Image 2 below)
  • Click Create Filter
Image 1:

Image 2:


If you want to completely shut the buzz notifications off, you can click on Turn Off buzz link all the way in the bottom of your gmail.


Cheers...

No comments: